Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I Just Called to Say...

The feeling overcomes me similar to the way ocean waves over take the shore, forcing my breath from my lungs like tiny grains of sand into the sea. A need so great it is staggering, encompassing, consuming.

I reach for my phone and hit the number five. Her voice, distant at first...what have I interrupted I wonder. I try to sound casual, gently easing the air back into my chest, allowing my heart to fill with the melody of her voice, "What are you doing," I ask. "Reading," she responds.

We launch into a conversation that swirls around minutia and has nothing to do with the reason I hungered for her voice.

A pause, "so what's up," she asks. "I'm having a moment," I tell her. "I want you to know how much I love you."

"Thanks. I love you too."

We hang up and all is right with the world.

No comments:

I See You!

Sitemeter