Saturday, June 14, 2008

Generosity Beyond Compare

I love words! I love books! I love libraries! In fact, this coming school year I will be the new assistant in my school library. I can't wait to browse among the shelves and inspire my students to explore the words between the book's covers. But I don't think my passion for these things comes anywhere close that of Ms. Carol Sue Snowden, a 30 year employee of the Whitehall library .

On the surface she appeared to be a very simple woman who lived a simple life...but looks are always deceiving. And now because of her generosity, generations to come, in no less than 11 different locations, will reap the rewards of literature for a very long time.

I don't know who I admire the most...Ms. Snowden for her generosity or her family who unselfishly supported her in her decision. What a legacy! We should all leave something so wonderful behind.

No comments:

I See You!

Sitemeter