Monday, June 2, 2008

You know...

"You know"...two words my father always started a sentence with that meant, stop what you are doing, take note and maybe even get a pencil, cause the words to follow were going to be full of wisdom and sound advice.

Not the kind of advice that might have come from the Greek philosophers, but good advice that might get you through life just a little bit easier. Something as simple as this while clearing the dirty dishes from the dinner table, "You know...if you don't stack the dishes, you don't have to rinse both sides". Makes sense doesn't it? But how many of us stack the dishes as we clear them from the table?

So in my family, "you know" always signals a time to stop and pay close attention because something big is sure to follow. I hope what is to follow here will always be worth paying attention to. I also hope most of it is logical as I sometimes have been accused of being less than.

Welcome to my attempt to share what I think is important and my attempt to make logic out of my world. I hope you will enjoy reading as much as I will enjoy writing.

No comments:

I See You!

Sitemeter