Friday, August 15, 2008

Honey-write the check


I'm gonna go broke and Twitter it's all your fault.

For those of you who don't know Twitter she is highly entertaining and sponsors a weekly Haiku contest. I have entered a time or two (haven't won...not that I'm bitter). She rewards the winner with a donation to an organization called Any Soldier Inc. I checked it out today and OMG!

There are so many great organizations that contribute to the men and women who are fighting to keep this great country GREAT. But what struck me about this particular one is the fact you get to chose a specific soldier and provide what THEY want...not what the higher ups in the 'non-profit' have decided they need.

As I was perusing the site I was awestruck by something...there was not one soldier who requested an item or items for him/herself. All requests were for the entire platoon...they share everything....what a concept.

I am pleading with everyone who reads this to consider sending one package a month to one soldier. Instead of that dinner out, spend the money on a few things and pack them in a box. If we start to pass this through our blog world, think about how many soldiers we could impact.

It's for our soldiers, it's for our country, but ultimately it's for US!

3 comments:

Jean said...

Good girl. Bless you!

Sparrow said...

Yay, Lucy! Good plug for a VERY worthy cause!!

And by the way, shameless self-promotion in the Haiku Contest is not only permitted, it is encouraged! Get your friends to vote, it's perfectly legal.

2sweetnsaxy said...

I'll have to check this out. Thanks for posting this.

I See You!

Sitemeter