Monday, August 25, 2008

Manic Monday - Club


Today's Manic Monday word is 'club'. There are all kinds of clubs...but this is my favorite:


It is so versatile. Did you know you could use club soda to make your pancakes and waffles fluffier? Just add it instead of the liquid called for in the recipe. Or how about this...use flat club soda to water your plants. The minerals in it are good for them.

Club soda is also good for cleaning bird poop and other things off your car windshield. And speaking of cleaning...how about getting those stains out of your clothes? Did you know it works on urine too? What about green hair? I talking about the green hair we blonde's get from too much chlorine in the summer...yep, it strips it right out!

I'll bet you didn't know that club soda could help you plan that romantic evening with that special someone! You've been to the store to pick up those oysters (just in case) and you need a little help shucking them? CLUB SODA! Soak them awhile and VIOLA...they open a little easier.

Me...I prefer my club soda with a few other ingredients:

Mix equal parts of all and serve...refreshing on a hot summer day!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perfect!
So are You like Superwoman or something with all these things You can do with club soda?
Where do You keep Your cape?

R

Ivanhoe said...

Oh yes, I like the last choice for club soda as well ;o)
Great tips for around the house though :o)

Epijunky said...

Yummmmm....

I'm going to have to go to the store.

Kimmie said...

Hey Lucy!
Great tips on the uses of club soda! I also like the last photo! I am a lemon/lime person. I love the Lime flavored tortilla chips with a little chip dip...yummy!
Thanks for visiting my blog today!

Kimmie

bv said...

Who knew?! Thanks for the great info!

Happy MM!

Anonymous said...

This is a fabulous post!! A great take on Club, as well as some very useful sounding information. Well done. I'm glad I visited. Can I copy this info to my blog and link it back to you? I figure others will find it useful too.

Come on by and check out my Manic Monday, and my BRIDGING THE GAP photo challenge on this week.

lucy said...

Alice - Please feel free to use whatever you can and thank you for the compliments!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Lucy!!

I See You!

Sitemeter