Wednesday, October 1, 2008

HS:MS Perch


As soon as I saw today's word I knew just the photo I would be using. For what better what to illustrate 'perch' than to share with you my lovely Pearl perching on my hand while I read my newspaper.

Pearl (no longer with us) was our banty Cochin who free roamed our yard and lived in a basket in the house (another story) and frequently hopped into my lap for some affection. This particular day she came around from the back of the house, hopped onto the porch, then the bench and then onto my hand as I was holding onto the paper reading. She perched there for quite some time making page turning rather difficult.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great shot!!! A super interpretation of the PERCH theme, too!

R

Pia K said...

Oh, that's such an adorable picture of an adorable moment!

Igotmebabe said...

How lovely is that ! Great shot
Janette

Photographing Mom said...

Wow! Amazing!

The Cook said...

That is amazing, I never realised they were that friendly! Great shot. x

All of my Todays said...

What a gorgeous bird. Love your flowers from yesterday too. I see you like geocaching - it's a favourite pass time in this house too. Thanks for visiting me. x

Chris T said...

Oh! that is great what a great pet to have

I See You!

Sitemeter